IM Student Experience
Students are prepared for careers in interactive marketing by participating in hands-on learning with a variety of interactive marketing programs. Past projects include:
- Developing and monitoring interactive campaigns for Restaurant.com on a variety of channels (including: Facebook ads, Google AdWords, Twitter, email, and traditional direct mail).
- Using Alterian's SM2 social media monitoring software to monitor and gain insights about brands.
- Creating viral video campaigns for gimmepleez.com, and NIU's Professional Sales and Interactive Marketing programs.
- Participating in the annual Google Online Marketing challenge using Google AdWords.
- Creating a budgets for multiple marketing channels.
- Implemented email campaigns using Exact Target, raising over $10,000 for various charities, including the Ovarian Cancer Research Fund and the Relay for Life.