Beta Alpha Psi ~ Gamma Pi Chapter
Beta Alpha Psi is an international scholastic and professional society for Financial Information students and professionals. The primary objectives of Beta Alpha Psi are to:
- Encourage and recognize scholastic and professional excellence in the business information field
- Promote the study and practice of accounting, finance and information systems
- Provide opportunities for self-development, service and association among members and practicing professionals
- Encourage a sense of ethical, social, and public responsibility
Beta Alpha Psi was founded in 1919. Today, there are more than 280 chapters on college and university campuses with over 300,000 members initiated since the Beta Alpha Psi's formation.
Requirements to Join
If you have completed 300 or 400 level accountancy courses, a 3.20 GPA average in all upper level accountancy courses (300 and 400 level) and an overall cumulative GPA of 3.20 on a 4.00 scale is required.
If you have not yet completed 300 or 400 level accountancy courses, a 3.50 GPA average in ACCY 206 and 207 and an overall cumulative GPA of 3.20 on a 4.00 scale is required.
There is no GPA requirement, overall or specific to ACCY, for students admitted to or currently in good standing in the MAS or MST programs at NIU.
To remain a member in good standing, you must attend 8 Professional Events, 8 Service Hours (4 BAP sponsored), and 2 Social Activities. Members may attend additional BAP events or approved professional/service activities by other organizations:
- The professional activities must be accounting, finance, and/or business related
- A form must be filled out each month listing all BAP-sponsored and non BAP-sponsored activities
- Turn form in to the Accountancy Office (BH 345) at the beginning of each month for previous month
For information contact us at NIU.Beta.Communications@gmail.com
Back to Student Organization Directory