As students in the Accountancy program at Northern Illinois University, we will uphold and promote the highest level of integrity and professionalism while pursuing academic excellence.
- To abide by this pledge, we establish this Code of Conduct of our values and culture.
- This Code of Conduct exemplifies the virtues necessary to continue our department's longstanding and well-respected reputation within the accounting profession.
- As future accountants, we must take responsibility for our learning, be accountable for our decisions, and consider the consequences of our actions.
- We have the responsibility to remember that each student is a representative of NIU's Accountancy program on campus, in the community, and in the workplace.
- We need to act with integrity, demonstrate academic honesty, and stand up for our beliefs.
- We conduct ourselves in a professional manner and maintain composure at all times.
- We achieve academic excellence by challenging ourselves, taking pride in our work, and striving for our best.
- We respect faculty, fellow students, our university, our profession, and ourselves.
- We commit to the life-long learning process.