Any student admitted to NIU can declare the accountancy major; however, to enroll in any 300- or 400-level accountancy courses, students must meet criteria from option 1 OR option 2.
- Criteria Option #1
- Meet the requirements to enroll in UBUS 310, Business Core Lecture (see requirements); and
- Obtain a 3.0 cumulative GPA or higher (NIU plus transfer GPA based on a four-point scale); and
- Obtain a minimum grade of B in ACCY 206, Introductory Financial Accounting, and minimum grade of B in ACCY 207, Introductory Cost Management, or equivalent courses. If a student earns a C in ACCY 206/207, a second opportunity to take the course can be provided. See the Accountancy advisor for further details.
- Criteria Option #2
- Meet the requirements to enroll in UBUS 310,* Business Core Lecture; and
- Obtain a passing score on the Accountancy Qualifying Examination (AQE). Students who wish to meet Criteria Option #2 should contact Testing Services at 815-753-1203 to register for the AQE. Learn more about the AQE exam and free review...