Software Installation Request Form
If you need software for a course, please submit the following form. To view software that already exists on citrix, in our labs, or on our podiums please visit www.cob.niu.edu/anywherelab and www.cob.niu.edu/computerlabs/labsoftware.asp.
- Fill out Software Installation Request Form found below.
- After submitting the form, please bring the following required items to the Technology Resources Office (BH228):
- Copy of the software media (or a download link)
- Installation instructions
- Proof of Purchase
- License Agreement (Professor assumes all liability and responsibility for the software licensing)
- What kind of license
- How many licenses
- Registration Key (code) w/expiration date.
- Your software installation requests will not be submitted to NIU Information Technology Services until all of the required documentation and media is submitted. Once ITS approves the documentation, your software will be added to the queue for testing and then production.
- College of Business Technology Resources will contact you when the installation is in our test environment.
- The professor is responsible to extensively test all functions of the software that the student will use, including but not limited to loading example files, exercising program functions, printing, and saving data.
- We recommend that the professor develop specific steps necessary to run the software, the steps to load any example modules or data, printing, and any other information necessary to ensure that students understand the operation of the software in the target lab environment. The document should also note that, while the Lab Technicians are knowledgeable in the operation of the lab systems and networks, they may not understand and cannot answer questions about the mechanics of specific software.
All installation requests are processed in the order they are received. A notice will be sent to the person requesting the software when that software is in the test environment. All software must be tested by the faculty member within 1 week of notice. Failure to complete testing within the allotted time will result in the software being pushed back to the end of the testing/installation queue.