TOPIC: Change Your E-mail Alias
- Go to www.niu.edu.
- Select Directory from the top right.
- Select Login from the top red bar on next page (do not search).
- Enter your login information, and select Login.
- Select Self Service from the top red bar.
- Select Request Resource from the left navigational panel.
- Set Resource Search Criteria to All and click Continue
- Select resource you'd like to change: New E-Mail Alias. **Important Note: Do not select the New E-Mail Address link!**
- Enter your new alias in the box next to Requested Alias keeping it in the format of firstname.lastname@example.org
- Finally select Submit.
Note: When changing your alias, if you had a previous alias your old alias will no longer work.
Your email alias change will take about 15 minutes to complete. After this time, please try sending a test e-mail to your new alias just to make sure the change has been successful.