TOPIC: Create a WIMBA Classroom
Wimba Classroom is a live (synchronous) virtual classroom that is integrated into each Blackboard course site. It should be noted that Internet Explorer version 8.0 has multiple compatibility issues with Wimba Classroom.
- Run the Wimba Classroom Setup Wizard at http://188.8.131.52/wizard/wizard.html?wc=wizard.conf before using your Wimba Classroom for the first time.
- Purchase a headset microphone such as the following www.logitech.com/index.cfm/notebook_products/pc_headsets/devices/223&cl=ca,en for approximately $60.
- Wimba has the built-in ability to archive (record) any session for those that cannot attend a live session.
- Some potential educational applications include:
- Virtual office hours with voice and video
- Invite guest speakers to present real-time online lectures
- Student group collaboration sessions
- To learn more about Wimba Classroom, visit www.blackboard.niu.edu/blackboard/resources/wimbaclassroom.shtml and www.blackboard.niu.edu/blackboard/faq/qa/wimbaclassroom.shtml