Wireless access to the network is available virtually everywhere in Barsema Hall. For instructions on wireless network set-up, read the ITS set-up instructions. This link contains valuable information and a link to the wireless support page. NIU students need be able to access WPA/WPA2 protected networks in order to access the NIU wireless network. Connection instructions for Windows, Mac OS, Linux and iPhone/iPod Touch are available at the above link. BlackBerry and Windows Mobile phones are not currently supported.
Wireless Troubleshooting Tips
- Make sure your wireless card is enabled.
- Follow instructions on the "NIUwirelessinstructions" access point or http://securenet.niu.edu.
- Remove NIUwireless profile and re-add from scratch.
- Check your password at the NIUNT password checker: https://ssl.niu.edu/its/appsssl/niunt_passcheck/index.asp . If this shows your password as being incorrect, you will need to change your password at http://password.niu.edu and try again. You will not be able to connect to the NIUwireless network until the NIUNT password checker reports that your password is correct. Due to a glitch in the system, you may have to change your password several times.
- Go to the manufacturer's web site of your laptop and download latest wireless driver for your specific wireless card. Install the updated driver. You may need to uninstall old driver first.
If you have additional questions please email email@example.com.