Social Impact Summit (see video)
The Collegiate Association of Unreasonable Social Entrepreneurs developed the Social Impact Summit with the goals to Educate students and social practitioners about the applications of social entrepreneurship, to Inspire students and social practitioners to find ways to enlarge their societal and environmental impacts or just plain get started in the social space, and to facilitate networking among students and social practitioners who are passionate about making a difference and changing the world.
The Summit aims to provide students the opportunity to learn about social entrepreneurship and the opportunities that exist in the social space. Additionally, the summit features a stellar lineup of speakers who are developing and implementing cutting edge business models to change the world. The speakers from the first annual spring 2013 Summit included:
- Chuck Templeton - Managing Director at Impact Engine and Founder of OpenTable
- Megan Kashner - CEO of Benevolent (see her TedX talk here)
- Alan Hurt - CEO and Founder of LUA
- Amanda Britt - CEO and Founder of Panzanzee
- Patty Morrissey - Head of Social Innovation at Groupon
Stay tuned for information about how to register for the
2nd Annual Social Impact Summit in April 2014!
Executive Panel Discussions
This Social Entrepreneurship Executive Panel Discussion was hosted by CAUSE (Collegiate Association of Unreasonable Social Entrepreneurs) and the NIU College of Business in spring of 2012. A panel of three successful social entrepreneurs from Chicago traveled to NIU to discuss their experiences as professionals in the social space. The panel consisted of:
- Rowan Richards - Executive Director of the Stewards Market
- Kathleen Wright, Founder & CEO of Collaborative Group
- Dennis Barsema - Entrepreneur and Founding member of Impact Engine, a Social Impact Accelerator in Chicago.
This event allowed students to network and learn more about social entrepreneurship.
Meet the Firm
The Center for Social Entrepreneurship will be hosting a Meet the Firm night for students this year. The event will be held on November 6th in the Barsema Alumni Center. Stay tuned for more details about the event in the coming months.