• Building Social Business by Muhammad Yunus
• Creating a World without Poverty by Muhammad Yunus
• Half the Sky by Nicholas D. Kristof & Sheryl WuDunn (www.halftheskymovement.org/)
• The Power of Unreasonable People: How Social Entrepreneurs Create Markets that Change the World
by John Elkington & Pamela Hartigan
• Social Entrepreneurship: What Everyone Needs to Know by David Bornstein & Susan Davis
• The Blue Sweater by Jacqueline Novagratz
NGOLD - Non-governmental Organization Leadership and Development - NGOLD is an interdisciplinary center that serves undergraduate students, faculty, and researchers and nonprofit leaders in the northern Illinois region and beyond. Its mission is to enhance civil society through the work of nonprofits and other forms of public service.
Institute for the Environment, Sustainability, and Energy (ESE) - ESE is a collaborative program that brings together students and faculty from across campus to engage in learning and research surrounding the environment, sustainability, and energy.