The Department of Finance
High standards and demanding program requirements prevail in NIU's finance program. The result is well-prepared, hard-working, and goal-oriented finance professionals who have:
- Mastered the functional areas of finance, including financial management of business enterprises, financial institutions, investment securities and financial assets
- Developed and applied the basic analytical tools used in finance, including substantial accounting skills
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills in the context of solving financial problems
- Developed interpersonal and leadership skills
- Achieved a global perspective of finance
Real-World Experience - Student Managed Portfolio
The Student Managed Portfolio of Northern Illinois University was established as a means for Finance students who are interested in the area of investments and portfolio management to gain real world experience. This goal is obtained by allowing the students to build a portfolio of equity investments, using real money. learn more...
Business Knowledge - Finance Toolkit
The Department of Finance has developed the Finance Toolkit, a reference guide on financial statements, financial analysis, financing and break-even analysis as taught in UBUS 310 and UBUS 311.
Business & Alumni Support
Because business and alumni advisory committees help keep our curriculum relevant, our graduates are prepared to deal successfully with the realities of their profession.
Alumni: Update Your Info