Staff Council Committee
The Staff Council is a body of operating and supportive professional staff representatives whose mission is to improve the quality of the College of Business for students, faculty, businesses, and other staff members by offering a forum for their constituents to make contributions and express their ideas, concerns, and needs; providing a voice for staff by proposing actions and recommendations in response to the input received; and sharing in the implementation of the COB strategic plan.
- Serve in an advisory capacity to the Dean of the College of Business on issues and policies concerning Operating and Supportive Professional Staff;
- Develop a better understanding of the many duties or roles of staff members and identify the resources and skills available to the College of Business;
- Coordinate communication between the College of Business Staff Council and their university-level counterparts;
- Perform special tasks and assignments requested by the Dean in support of the Strategic Plan.
- Number of members on the Staff Council will be eight (8) with no fewer than three (3) members from Operating Staff or from Supportive Professional Staff.
- Not more than one (1) member from the same classification (Operating or SPS) will be from the same unit.
- Each member will serve a two (2) year term.
- May serve two (2) consecutive terms.
- Membership will change on a rotating basis. Every year half of the membership will be elected.
- The College Dean's secretary will serve as an ex-officio member of the Council.
- Year will be fiscal year (July 1 - June 30).
- There will be a ballot vote with names placed on ballot by a nominating committee which would be a subcommittee of the Staff Council. Nominees will include volunteers and write-in candidates.
- Election of Staff Council members by all Operating and SPS staff in the College will be held in April. Newly elected members will be invited to attend the May Staff Council meeting.
- Officers (President and Secretary) will be elected by Staff Council members at the May Staff Council meeting.
- Meetings will be held once per month for 1-1/2 hours or as needed.