The Finance Department
High standards and demanding program requirements prevail in NIU's finance program. The result is well-prepared, hard-working, and goal-oriented finance professionals who have:
- Mastered the functional areas of finance, including financial management of business enterprises, financial institutions, investment securities and financial assets
- Developed and applied the basic analytical tools used in finance, including substantial accounting skills
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills in the context of solving financial problems
- Developed interpersonal and leadership skills
- Achieved a global perspective of finance
Real-World Experience - Student Managed Portfolio
The Student Managed Portfolio of Northern Illinois University was established as a means for Finance students who are interested in the area of investments and portfolio management to gain real world experience. This goal is obtained by allowing the students to build a portfolio of equity investments, using real money. learn more...
Northern Illinois University and the College of Business offer many services to aid students in their quest for that perfect job after graduation. learn more...
Business & Alumni Support
Because business and alumni advisory committees help keep our curriculum relevant, our graduates are prepared to deal successfully with the realities of their profession.
Alumni Networking Event
Join us on Thursday, April 18, 2013 at Wintrust in Rosemont for a Finance Alumni Networking Event. Refreshments, including wine and hors d'oeuvres, will be served. more...
Alumni: Update Your Info
Help us keep our records accurate by updating your information in our system! update now...