The Road to Finance Internship Credit
- You must be a declared finance major and retained in the upper-level program.
- Prerequisite: Satisfactory completion of the FINA Core (FINA 330, 340, FINA 350), ACCY 306, FINA 395, and consent of department.
- Regardless of the source leading to an internship, Ms. Cunningham must approve it for credit. If the position was not originated by the Finance Department, the employer must submit an "Employer Internship Request" form for the position approval.
- You must submit an "Application for Finance Internship Credit" and a copy of your employment confirmation letter (on company letterhead) to Ms. Cunningham.
- When Ms. Cunningham has approved an internship for FINA 458 credit, she will enroll you in the course for three (3) credit hours.
- All forms are available from Ms. Cunningham, BH 236
Internship Credit Requirements
Enrollment in FINA 458, Internship in Finance, means that you will pay tuition and fees for the hours enrolled. Also, the following requirements must be met:
- You will be required to submit a daily log of your activities to Ms. Cunningham every two weeks that you are employed (this is for your benefits as well - it is often difficult to remember everything you do).
- At the end of the internship, you will be required to submit a five to eight page typed paper. The topic of your paper will be included in an internship letter sent to you by Ms. Cunningham once you're enrolled in FINA 458.
- Towards the end of your internship, an evaluation will be sent to your immediate supervisor to be completed and returned to Ms. Cunningham.
Please contact Christy Cunningham, Academic Advisor & Internship Coordinator with additional questions at email@example.com