The members and directors of FMA would like to take this opportunity to extend our sincerest appreciation to our speakers. You are the backbone of our organization. Your guidance, advice, and motivation inspire our members to achieve. For directions to the Northern Illinois University campus please click here
A Few Pointers for our Speakers
- Speaking events last from thirty minutes to no more than one hour.
- Expect an audience between thirty and fifty members.
- The topics covered vary from speaker to speaker. Here are some suggestions:
- Describe your daily ritual at work. Illustrate for the students what business decisions are involved throughout the course of your day.
- Describe your company. What does your company do? How does your company make money? What types of clients are involved? How do you acquire your clients? What are some trends in your industry and innovative forces that mold your business into what it is today?
- Reliving your collegiate experience, what do you wish you would have done differently? What suggestions do you have for graduates of 2012 and beyond?
- As an interviewer or interviewee, what tips might you have for today's students? What are some issues involved with getting that first job? Subsequent jobs?
- Discuss any specific finance or accounting topics and themes that you tackle on a daily basis.
- Some speakers have used this opportunity to recruit as well. We encourage companies to sell themselves. FMA members are expected to bring resumes.
- The meeting time for these events is 7:00 PM.
- Prior to the meeting, speakers are treated to a dinner at O'Leary's Restaurant & Pub at 5:00 PM as a compliment from FMA members and officers. (Please click here for an interactive map)
- The meeting location for these events is Barsema Hall, 740 Garden Road, DeKalb, IL, 60115.