|1951||NIU creates the Business Department with Dr. Francis Geigle as the appointed Chair. The Department is housed in the former WWII barracks at the corner of Lucinda and Garden Road.
Department of Business moves from the barracks to Altgeld Hall.
Dr. Robert Thistlethwaite is appointed Chair of Business Department.
Department of Business moves to McMurry Hall.
Department of Business splits into Department of Business Administration and Department of Business Education.
College of Business is formed and Dr. Robert Thistlethwaite is appointed Dean.
Wirtz Hall was completed & became new home to College of Business.|
Undergraduate business programs were accredited by the AACSB.|
James Benson was appointed Dean of the College.|
M.B.A. Program was accredited by the AACSB.|
The first personal computers were installed in Wirtz Hall.|
The Accountancy Program and the M.A.S. Program were accredited by the AACSB.|
Dr. Richard Brown was appointed Dean of the College.|
B.S.A. became OMIS|
Electronic podiums systems implemented in Wirtz Hall.|
Dr. David Graf was appointed Dean of the College.|
First College of Business web site was launched.|
Rockford Alumni Club was organized.|
Dennis & Stacey Barsema donate $20 Million to NIU. The plans for Barsema Hall take shape.|
Barsema Hall became the new home for the College of Business.|
The College of Business web site is redesigned to present a unified look.|
M.S.T. was accredited and all undergraduate programs were reaccredited by the AACSB.|