The advising office for lower division management majors is Undergraduate Studies in Business. However, once in the upper division (300/400 level) Management program, students receive advisement through the department. Students can schedule individual advising appointments by calling (815) 753-1124 or stopping by the Management Department, Barsema Hall 245.
Tina Alvarado, Management Advisor
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why do I need an advisor?
- How do I make an appointment with the advisor?
- What's a Degree Progress Report and how do I get one?
- What is the difference between Human Resources Management and Organizational Management?
- Do I need to declare my major? Where do I declare my major?
- Where do I declare my minor?
- Why should I develop a course plan every semester?
- Are the same classes offered every semester?
- How can I make sure that I get all the information available about courses, internships, and job opportunities?
- Do I have to keep my contact information updated with my advisor?
- What if I get a "D" in a class?
- Can I drop a class anytime during the semester?
- What is a transcript review?
- Why is my GPA important?
- Can I register for a class for which I don't meet the prerequisites?
- What happens if a class is closed?
- What can I do to get a good job when I graduate?
- Are there scholarships available to management students?
- Why Should I Get Involved in Student Organizations?
- When do I apply for graduation?