Portfolio Information Page
A portfolio is a collection of work that a student will prepare and use to showcase his/her skills, talents, and learning. It may be a selective collection of only a student's best work, examples of evolving skills/talents over a period of learning, or a combination of both. The student portfolios are used by the Department of Marketing to assess whether marketing majors are meeting specific learning objectives identified as important for all marketing graduates. A student could use the portfolio to show prospective employers tangible evidence of his/her accomplishments and skills. A marketing student's portfolio will contain completed assignments that illustrate eight learning outcomes.
- Enrollment in MKTG 99 during the semester you intend to graduate
- Three-ring binder with eight dividers separating the 8 learning objectives (provided by the Department of Marketing).
- Minimum of 16 individual or group assignments from marketing classes.
- Assignments that showcase your best writing, analytical, and other skills as well as assignments that illustrate your firm grasp of marketing.
- Ungraded and unmarked copies of each assignment.
- Only one assignment may be used to fulfill the requirements for two learning outcomes. If you choose to do this, include a copy of the assignment in the first learning outcome section that it fulfills. The subsequent learning outcome section for that assignment should have the cover page and a note directing the reader to the section where the full assignment can be found.
You must ensure that you complete an assignment for each section over the course of your marketing/business curriculum. Not all marketing classes have assignments that are appropriate for each learning objective. Please review the portfolio requirements carefully and examine the syllabi for the course/sections you are considering enrolling in to make sure you will complete all of the portfolio requirements by graduation. You will also find it helpful to examine the assessment criteria being used to evaluate the portfolio. Since ungraded copies are required, be sure to save your assignments in electronic form to include them in your portfolio.
Portfolios are are submitted to the Department of Marketing no later than the last week of classes in the semester that you intend to graduate . The specific submission deadline date for your graduation semester available from the Department of Marketing. Submission of a complete portfolio is a graduation requirement for all marketing majors. If you do not turn in your completed portfolio by the last week of classes in the semester you intend to graduate, you will not graduate!