- Understanding of Marketing Concepts
Demonstrate an understanding of the process of planning and executing marketing strategies. Papers and other assignments associated with product, pricing, promotion, distribution, sales management, market research, market/business environment, customer relationships/target markets, and other marketing variables should be included.
- Problem Solving and Critical Thinking
Demonstrate marketing related problem solving skills using qualitative and/or quantitative tools. Be able to develop feasible solutions within a fluid and situation-specific business environment. Specific skills to illustrate include analyzing critical factors leading to the identification of a problem/opportunity, conducting an appropriate analysis to generate information, and/or using information to develop suitable potential solutions based upon available resources and restrictions.
- Written Communication Skills
Demonstrate the ability to collect, organize, interpret, and coherently present information in written format. Use proper grammar and language for communicating in business papers, memos, letters, reports, and proposals.
- Oral Communication Skills
Demonstrate the ability to collect, organize, interpret, and coherently present information in oral format. Use situational appropriate grammar, language, and professionalism to effectively convince/persuade an audience.
- Marketing Metrics
Demonstrate an understanding of key marketing metrics and the ability to effectively use them in analyzing and solving marketing problems. It is critical that students include an assignment where a discussion of the implications is part of the assignment. Examples of key metrics may include but are not limited to those relating to:
- Market Analysis and Planning: market growth rates, market share, marketing cost per unit, customer acquisition costs, return on investment, and break-analysis
- Product, Price, Place, and Promotion Offerings: new product purchase rates, mark-up prices, advertising to sales ratios, gross rating points, response rates, conversion rates, costs per click, transactions per customer, average transaction size, and brand equity
- Sales Efforts: sales turnover rates, sales performance quotas, sales variances, and straight and profit-based commissions
- Work Effectively in Teams
Be able to work effectively with a group of other individuals to accomplish a mutual goal and produce high quality outcomes. Demonstrate goal commitment, mutual respect, effective communication, flexibility, and productivity.
- Global Business Environment Knowledge
Demonstrate an understanding of the global forces that shape firms' domestic and global strategies. Be able to analyze global potential through country analysis, which could include the political, cultural, economic, and legal environments; as well as strategy development and country risk/return.
- Ethical Business Practice Awareness
Demonstrate an awareness of and a personal philosophy toward ethical business practices.