OM&IS Junior Checklist
- Declare your major early (if necessary) while in UBUS 310. Declared majors have first priority in course registration. Changing your major at the end of a semester may prevent you from getting the courses you need to graduate on time (because of prerequisites or closed classes, etc.).
- Once you begin UBUS 310 and start the upper-level major courses, your advising office will change from Undergraduate Studies in Business to the OM&IS Department. The OM&IS advisor, Steve Kispert, is located in Barsema Hall 328A and can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 815/753-6372.
- Set a goal to get career-related experience through an internship. Visit the OM&IS Department Internship webpage, attend the OM&IS Meet the Firm held each September, register on Victor eRecruiting, and read through the COB Career Planner.
- Get involved on campus to gain leadership experience. Consider APICS (Association for Operations Management), Association for Information Technology Professionals (AITP), OM&IS Student Advisory Board (SAB), or FUTURE (Coop Student Association).
- Apply for scholarships. Applications for OM&IS scholarships are due the end of February. Go to http://www.cob.niu.edu/omis/scholarships.asp to print out an application form. Also check the following NIU scholarship sites: www.scholarships.niu.edu/ScholarshipFinder/; and www.fa.niu.edu/.
- Review your Degree Progress Report (DPR) each semester. YOU are responsible for your graduation requirements. If you believe your DPR contains an error, contact Steve Kispert at email@example.com.