OM&IS Senior Checklist
- Apply for graduation and watch for deadlines! Once you have 90 hours earned and know when you are graduation, I suggest you apply for graduation on your MyNIU. Please be aware of strict application deadlines found on the Office of Registration & Records Graduation information page.
- Review your Degree Progress Report (DPR) with your advisor the semester before you graduate and the semester of your graduation. Remember that you are responsible for your graduation requirements. The DPR originates from R&R, the office which will do a final check on your academic requirements for graduation. Access your DPR through MyNIU.
- If you have used Financial Aid, schedule your exit interview.
- Sign up for On-campus Recruiting (a service available to graduating seniors) through Career Services. (You must attend an orientation session. They are held at the beginning of each semester.) Take advantage of all the companies who come to campus to find good NIU grads!
- Attend the OM&IS Meet the Firm held in September to start off your job search!
- Register with Victor eRecruiting to obtain more links to hiring companies and to post your resume.
- Read all mail and meet all deadlines in regards to the graduation ceremony. Commencement info is posted on the Convocation Center web site.