Students seeking admission to the MIS degree program should apply directly to the Graduate School as the first step. Online application website: www.grad.niu.edu/grad/apply. Successful admission to our program requires:
- a bachelor degree from an accredited institution in the United States or, have the equivalent level of education (as determined by the Graduate School) from a foreign university
- a gpa of at least a 2.75 on a 4.0 scale for undergraduate work, a 3.2 for graduate work
- an Official GMAT or GRE Score.
- The GMAT or GRE may be waived for students who have an earned masters degree from an accredited institution in the United States.
- The GMAT or GRE requirement is waived for NIU students who have an average GPA of 3.2 or better in their undergraduate studies and a "B" or better in OMIS 351 or a similar IT course. NIU alumni may apply for GMAT or GRE wavier for up to 5 years after graduation if they meet the above requirement. Please fill out the GMAT/GRE Waiver Form.
- a TOFEL or IELTS score is required for International students. The Graduate School's established minimum scores can be found at www.grad.niu.edu/grad/international/english_proficiency.shtml
Prospective students who meet the general university guidelines for acceptance will then have their file forwarded to the department for review. Applicants will be notified by mail as to the status of their application for admission.
Questions regarding admissions, deadlines, and international student applications should be directed to the Graduate School at 1(815) 753-0395 or firstname.lastname@example.org