Special Giving Program
The NIU Professional Sales program offers students a curriculum with leading edge instruction as well as practical experience dedicated to preparing our graduates for success in entry-level sales positions and career advancement. We rely on the generosity of our donors to obtain adequate funding to make these experiences diverse and meaningful. see current needs request
- First school to receive SMT (Professional Society for Sales and Marketing Training) Collegiate Sales Program Certification (October 22, 2002).
- One of the two "Centers of Excellence" in NIU College of Business (along with Accounting).
- Dr. Rick Ridnour (sales faculty) named NIU Presidential Teaching Professor in 2004.
- Dr. Robert Peterson (sales faculty) 2011 AMA National Excellence in Sales Teaching Award.
- NIU established first academic Professional Sales Program in 1988.
- First sales-specific international exchange program. NIU-Dublin Institute of Technology.
- 95% of Sales Program graduates receive job offers.
- A founding member of the University of Sales Center Alliance (2002).
- A founding member of Global Sales Science Institute (2006).
- Four full-time faculty dedicated to the sales program.
- Certificate in Professional Selling: four undergraduate sales-specific courses.
- White Lodging Professor of Sales Named Professorship.
- Enterprise-Rent-A-Car Professor of Sales Named Professorship.
- Sales Advisory Board with 30 sales executives from national and international companies.
- Participation in the National Collegiate Sales Competition and World Collegiate Sales Open.
- Business Golf: 14 years of providing sales students with education and experience in using golf as a sales tool.
- University Sales Center Alliance
- Professional Society for Sales and Marketing Training
- National Conference of Sales Management
- Global Sales Science Institute
- Sales Education Foundation