Congratulations on qualifying for the championship round of the Sales Decathlon. Please read the following information to ensure that you are ready to participate in all finalists events.
Please submit a form that is as complete as possible as this information will be used to coordinate on-site activities, capture any special needs, including food allergies. register now >
Money will be provided to offset or take care of travel costs to/from the competition. The amount of the Travel Reimbursement will be based on distance and method of travel. Reimbursement of travel expenses will only pertain to Sales Decathlon finalists and one faculty coach. Alternates and other guests are not eligible for travel reimbursements and will be charged a fee of $100 to cover food and event fees of the competition.
Lodging will be provided on the NIU campus at the Holmes Student Center Hotel on the nights of Thursday, October 2nd and Friday, October 3rd. Additional nights may be arranged directly with the Holmes Student Center hotel, at the expense of the traveler. Alternates and guests will be responsible for assuming lodging expenses if they will not be sharing a room with a same gender finalist from their University. Eligible travel expenses are detailed on the Sales Decathlon 2014 Travel Expense Sheet. Money will be distributed after October 10, 2014 or after all original receipts have been received by the Office of Professional Selling. read all details >
If You Win a Cash Prize
- 1st Place - Sales Job offer at Adobe Systems Inc. and $2000 Prize money (job offer pending typical interview protocols and background checks)
- 2nd Place - $1500 Prize money
- 3rd Place - $1000 Prize money
- 4th Place - $500 Prize money
Please note that all prizes will be paid via check which will be remitted in US funds ($ dollars) through regular mail after the competition.
- If you are a US Citizen, or have a valid US Social Security Number: You will be required to fill out the IRS W-9 form Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification
- If you are a non-US citizen: You will be required to fill out the IRS W-8BEN form Certificate of Foreign Status of Beneficial Owner for United States Tax Withholding, as well as a Foreign National Data Collection Form . The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) of the United States requires that income paid to non-US citizens be taxed prior to disbursement. If you fall into this category, prize checks will be remitted in the amount less the tax determined by US Tax laws.
- Please note that these forms are available for review on the NIU Accounting website at: www.niu.edu/Accounting/tax_forms/index.shtml