Preparing for the Sales Decathlon
In addition to the event-specific information available below, the following links may be helpful as you prepare for the Championship Round.
EVENT 4: Technology Sales Call via Adobe Connect
EVENT 5: Professional Email tips
- Choose an appropriate subject line to engage customer.
- Avoid all spelling errors and use proper grammar.
- Manage the tone of the email. Make it conversational and professional with no slang, abbreviations, or offensive language.
- Be concise.
Event 6: Face-to-Face Checklist
- Dress professional, be organized and relax
- Do you have a clear precall plan with measurable outcomes?
- Is your agenda focused on your company or customer's needs? It should be your customer!
- What objections do you anticipate and can you respond immediately during the call?
- Assess the customer's body language and modify your approach as necessary.
- Listen more than you talk.
Event 7: Telephone Call
- Grab Attention in 15 Seconds or Less: you only have one chance to be engaging and useful, rehearse it.
- Create Excitement and Use Emotion: use energy in your tone and truly believe your solution will benefit the customer.
- Don't Take 'No" for an Answer: most will routinely say "not interested", so ask open-ended questions to jump-start the conversation.
- Provide Value: offer value (expertise, samples, trial period) regardless if they buy.
- Progress Each Call: interaction should move closer to concluding the sale process; have specific goals and add value.