- Ph.D., University of Iowa, Business Administration
- M.S., Northern Illinois University, Personnel & Labor Relations Management
- B.S., Southwest Missouri State University, Operations Management
Terrence R. Bishop earned his Ph.D. from the University of Iowa (1987). His expertise and interest are in human resource management. He coordinates the HR program in the department and teaches courses in human resource planning and staffing, training and development course in the undergraduate program and corporate social responsibility and management in the evening and executive MBA programs. As faculty advisor for the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), he has led the NIU SHRM chapter to numerous awards over the last decade. In 2000, he was recognized as the SHRM National Advisor of the Year. He also was awarded the Ideal Industries Award in the spring of 1995. This award honors teachers whom students feel effectively blend teaching theory with "real-world" business experience. His research has been published in journals, such as Public Personnel Management, Journal of Business Ethics and Labor Law Journal, among others.
- Human Resource Management
- Change Management
- Career Planning
- Interviewee selection test and evaluator assessments of general mental ability, emotional intelligence, and extraversion: Relationships with structured behavioral and situational interview performance. Journal of Business and Psychology (2015) 30: 543-563.
- Competency Modeling in an Undergraduate Management Degree Program. Business Education & Accreditation (2014). 6: 47-60.