- Ph.D., Ohio State University, Management Science
- M.B.A., Ohio State University, Marketing
- B.S., University of Rochester, Chemistry
Charles R. Gowen III earned his Ph.D. from Ohio State University (1981). His expertise and research interests are in health care management. He teaches strategic management in the undergraduate and MBA programs. His research has been published in Journal of Operations Management, Health Care Management Review, Journal of Management Development, International Journal of Production Economics, International Journal of Operations and Production Management, Journal of High Technology Management Research and Journal of Business Ethics, among others.
- Strategic Management
- An Exploratory Analysis for Lean and Six Sigma Implementation in Hospitals: Together is Better? Health Care Management Review (2018). 43(3): 182-192.
- Factors in the path from lean to patient safety via Six Sigma, goal specificity and responsiveness capability. Quality Management Journal (2015). 22(4): 37-53.
- Leadership, safety climate and CQI: Impact on process quality and patient safety. Health Care Management Review (2015). 40: 24-34.