Mike and Kristina McGrath Professor of Entrepreneurship
- Ph.D., Purdue University
- M.B.A., Middle Tennessee State University
- B.S., Purdue University, Aerospace Engineering
Bart Sharp, the Mike and Kristina McGrath Professor of Entrepreneurship, earned his Ph.D. in strategic management from the Krannert School of Management at Purdue University (2009). Bart comes to academics by way of a background in aerospace engineering, which has informed his research interests in innovation, organizational learning and entrepreneurship. His work has appeared in the Journal of Management, Academy of Management Learning and Education, Organizational Research Methods and Strategic Organization, among others. He has been recognized with a Great Professor Award from the University Honors Program at NIU and has also received an Undergraduate Outstanding Teaching Award from the Management Department Student Advisory Board.
- Strategic Management
- Is there a credibility crisis in strategic management research? Evidence on the reproducibility of study findings. Strategic Organization (2017). 15(3): 423-436.
- Tests for identifying 'red flags' in empirical findings: Demonstration and recommendations for authors, reviewers, and editors. Academy of Management Learning and Education (2017). 16(1): 110-124.
- Measuring and testing industry effects in strategic management research: An update, assessment, and demonstration. Organizational Research Methods (2013). 16: 43-66.
- How far do owners reach into the divestiture process? Blockholders and the choice between spin-off and sell-off. Journal of Management (2015). 41: 1155-1183.