Job Offer Policy for Employers: Spring 2021
The Department of Accountancy at Northern Illinois University requires students to abide by our "Ethical Job Search" Policy prior to participating in any on-campus recruiting activities. Students are penalized for missing interviews, canceling appointments, etc. The Department of Accountancy enforces a zero-tolerance policy for students who renege on offers of employment or who conduct themselves unethically during their search.
In return, the Accountancy Department asks employers to:
- Provide students a minimum of three business days’ notice for an interview. This will allow students to make proper arrangements to minimize academic and other conflicts.
- Provide fair and reasonable time periods for students to evaluate employment offers prior to making a decision that will affect their future careers and personal lives. If a student requests a one or two-week extension of the offer deadline, every effort should be made to extend the response deadline.
- Job offers should not be rescinded once made. Rescinding an offer means the student must restart their job search, often after declining other offers.
Spring Job Offer Policy: Internships and Full-Time Positions
Semester begins: Jan. 11, 2021
Accountancy Career Fair: Feb. 10, 2021
Spring break is canceled for spring 2021 semester
Semester ends: April 30, 2021
- Students receiving offers on or before March 5, 2021 will be given until March 19, 2021 to decide.
- Students receiving offers after March 5, 2021 will be given two weeks from the date of the offer to decide.
Students requesting extensions of internship offers due to scheduled, remaining second interviews should be granted such extensions in all but extenuating circumstances. Questions? Contact Tamara Phelan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact UsDepartment of Accountancy
740 Garden Road
DeKalb, IL 60115