Accelerated B.S. in Finance/M.S. in Finance
Senior NIU finance majors who participate in our accelerated program can double count certain courses during their senior year, applying the credit hours towards both their undergraduate and graduate degrees. By taking and paying for the courses only once (at the lower undergraduate rate) yet earning double credit, you can shave off more than half of the time and cost of the graduate degree, potentially earning your M.S. finance one semester after your B.S. finance!
Specifically, instead of enrolling in FINA 400-level classes during your senior year, you will enroll in graduate-level FINA courses. Then, upon completion of your B.S. finance degree, you can finish your remaining M.S. finance courses (billed at the graduate rate) either on a full-time or part-time basis, on-campus or online. In fact, there is no obligation to complete the remaining courses.
To qualify, you must have:
- Completed 90 semester hours (senior standing)
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Earned a B or better in FINA 320 and UBUS 223
- Participated in a departmental interview.
Please refer to the graduate catalog for admission and program requirements.
Interested students should reach out to email@example.com prior to enrolling in their senior year courses for academic planning purposes.
- B.S. in Finance
- M.S. in Finance
- Accelerated B.S. in Finance/M.S. in Finance
- Minor in Finance
- Certificate of Undergraduate Study in Finance
- Certificate of Undergraduate Study in Financial Planning
- Certificate of Graduate Study in Finance
- Certificate of Graduate Study in Financial Risk Management
- Certificate of Graduate Study in FinTech
- Professional Certifications
Contact UsDepartment of Finance
740 Garden Road
DeKalb, IL 60115