Courses are offered 100% online.
Starting Fall 2020 Online Master of Business Administration
Prepare to lead teams, solve problems, identify growth opportunities and improve business outcomes through hands-on skill development.
Our AACSB-accredited MBA program features a comprehensive curriculum with integrative, interdisciplinary and innovative coursework that empowers you to make an impact. Topics include financial analysis, strategic management, managerial accounting, information systems technology, marketing management, and strategic management and policy.
Learn from expert faculty who bring a wide range of real-world experience into the classroom as you gain the knowledge and competencies you need for career advancement and increased earning potential.
Get the degree you need for the business careers of the future.
- 100% online
- AACSB accredited
- Graduate in 16 months full-time or go at a flexible pace
- Finish faster: Complete your degree in just 18 months full-time or complete your program part-time with a flexible schedule.
- Affordable tuition: At $895.72 per credit hour, you’ll benefit from competitive tuition.
- AACSB-accredited program: Accreditation from the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business ensures your knowledge and skills meet the highest standards for business education.
- Flexible format: Study on your schedule with eight-week courses and full- or part-time enrollment options.
- Best-in-class curriculum: With our newly redesigned curriculum, you’ll complete multiple stages of learning through integrative, interdisciplinary and innovative coursework.
- Successful alumni: Build professional relationships and join a well-respected, active and supportive network of NIU business alumni after graduation.
The courses in this program combine business theory with practical knowledge, case studies and hands-on-learning that you can directly apply in the workplace. You’ll choose from specialized electives, and use a variety of advanced business simulation tools to gain valuable experience. Master financial analysis, strategic management, managerial accounting, information systems technology, marketing management, and strategic management and policy.
Our faculty come from a wide range of disciplines and bring their real-world experience to the course material, creating an engaging and integrated learning experience that delivers the most relevant content for today’s business world. As an NIU student, you will learn from industry experts who can help you hone yourself into a well-rounded professional with the skills to succeed.
- ACCY 640 - Financial Statement Analysis
- OMIS 680 – Global Supply Chain Management
- MGMT 635 - Leading Individuals, teams and organizations
- MKTG 654 - Marketing Management
- OMIS 697 – Digital Transformation Strategy
- FINA 607 - Financial Analysis
- MGMT 672 - Strategic Management and Policy
- MGMT 647 - International Management
- MGMT 615 - Managerial Leadership
- MGMT 627 – Entrepreneurial Creativity and Innovation
Gaining an advanced understanding of core business topics will increase your marketability for new positions and promotions in roles that pay well. As a graduate, you can apply what you learn in NIU’s online M.B.A. program to lead teams and drive innovation in organizations of all types.
This degree gives you expert knowledge in the skill sets needed today and trains you to meet the challenges of tomorrow as a seasoned leader in careers such as:
Advertising and Marketing Managers
Training and Development Managers
You can complete the online MBA program part-time or full-time.
Graduate in 18 months full time or three years part time.
You must have the equivalent of a bachelors degree in business. If not, they must complete the following phase one courses:
Phase One Courses (18 Credit Hours)
- ACCY 505 - Financial Accounting Concepts (2 credits)
- FINA 500 - Survey of Business Economics (2 credits)
- FINA 505 - Fundamentals of Financial Management (2 credits)
- MGMT 505 - Principles of Management (2 credits)
- MGMT 511 - Legal Aspects of Business (2 credits)
- MKTG 505 - Graduate Survey of Marketing (2 credits)
- OMIS 505 - Principles of Operations Management (2 credits)
- OMIS 507 - Business Information Systems (2 credits)
- OMIS 524 - Business Statistics (2 credits)
The MBA program is a general program with no concentrations.