Student Portfolio (MKTG 99)
As a marketing major, you’ll complete a portfolio of assignments that illustrate your mastery of marketing skills and concepts. You can use your portfolio to show potential employers evidence of your accomplishments and knowledge.
You must turn in a portfolio to the Department of Marketing prior to the last week of classes in the semester you intend to graduate. Completion of MKTG 99 (Portfolio) is required. You won’t graduate unless you submit a completed portfolio.
The marketing portfolio is a collection of your best work from upper-level marketing courses showcasing your skills, talents and knowledge from within the NIU Marketing major. Portfolios are a valuable networking and job search tool that can be used to show prospective employers tangible evidence of your accomplishments and skills.
- Access the Blackboard Portfolio Tool and MKTG 99 Portfolio template to create your marketing portfolio once your Business Core requirements are complete.
- Follow the content guidelines for uploading your marketing assignments to your portfolio:
- Marketing Concepts: 4 assignments (2 individual, 2 group or individual)
- Problem Solving: 2 assignments (1 individual, 1 group or individual)
- Written Communication: 2 individual assignments
- Marketing Metrics: 2 assignments (1 individual, 1 group or individual)
- Global Marketing: 1 assignment (group or individual)
- Ethics: 1 individual assignment
- Enroll in MKTG 99 during your last semester (CRQ: MKTG 495) and share your completed Portfolio with the Coordinator for review.
- Marketing portfolios are graded on a S/U basis and is a requirement for graduation.
- Each marketing faculty will identify assignments that can be used in your portfolio; check your course syllabi for details.
- Use the MKTG 99 Portfolio template and Blackboard Portfolios Quick Guide to easily design your portfolio (available in Blackboard).
- Upload assignments as you go, no need to wait until your last semester to start!
Senior marketing majors should enroll in MKTG 99 during their final semester before graduation. Additional information will be provided via Blackboard for you to finalize and share their completed portfolios for review. The portfolio coordinator will review submissions, provide feedback and allow for resubmission if necessary, and submit a final grade of S/U. Satisfactory completed of MKTG 99 is required for graduation.
Contact UsDepartment of Marketing
740 Garden Road
DeKalb, IL 60115