- The event or activity must be sanctioned by NIU or the College of Business.
- Someone must be able to take attendance and submit verification (names and Z-IDs) of attendees.
- The event or activity must be related to one of the continents.
- Activities in courses required for a degree program are not eligible.
Submit an Event
We encourage faculty, staff and student organizations to propose activities and events for Business Passport continent fulfillment.
Frequently Asked Questions
We ask that each event or activity only count for one continent.
View passport events to see what constitutes an event or activity for each of the seven continents. We rely on faculty, staff and student organizations to determine the best fit for their events.
- After completing the event request form, an automatic email is sent to your designated advisor for approval.
- The advisor approves the event to passport by responding to the email.
- Passport adds the event.
With the passport software, we are able to add special instructions to each individual activity (for example, **for PSAB members only**).
There is no hard and fast time requirement. Some events and activities take place over a semester, while others involve a 60-minute presentation. It is expected that a meaningful presentation will take approximately 60 minutes.
It is up to the event requester to designate a person responsible for taking attendance (names and Z-IDs) and submitting those names and Z-IDs to email@example.com after the event has taken place.
We supply card readers and Business Passport registration signs you can use at your event to make the sign-in process smoother. Please stop by the Business Passport office in Barsema Hall 328 to check out these materials.